Healthy Homemade Tootsie Rolls
with VitaFiber IMO
Thanks to Lisa at Low Carb Yum for creating this VitaFiber IMO candy recipe. This recipe is completely sugar-free and it is modified to be a healthy low carb candy treat.
- Use a powder granular sweetener in blender or food processor.
- Mix 1/4 cup of cocoa, 1/4 cup of whey protein powder, 2 tsp powdered milk, 1/2 cup of sweetener, and a tsp of salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 60g of VitaFiber IMO in microwave until bubbles form (about 30 seconds). Add 2 tsp of melted butter and 1/2 of vanilla.
- Stir dry cocoa mix into wet VitaFiber IMO mix until crumbly. Using hands, knead mixture until a dough is formed.
- Shape dough into a ball, then flatten out. Cut into strips and roll out each strip into a rope about the diameter of a Tootsie roll. Cut dough rope into Tootsie roll size pieces.
- Wrap each roll in small rectangular pieces of wax paper if desired. Store rolls in refrigerator so they will be firm.